Friday, November 18, 2011

Amethyst Soap ♥

A few months ago, my good friend Amanda-Leigh made some Amethyst Soap.  It wasn't until recently that I was able to use it, seeing as how she left me with quite a few of the Hello Kitty soaps (Check out my short review here if you missed out on that.).  Unfortunately for Hello Kitty, those soaps are now used up and I have moved onto the next in line!

My seal is having on job holding it!

SO first thing is first.  Partly because of my review on the Hello Kitty soap and partly because Amanda-Leigh is an amazingly awesome friend, she looked into making soaps that were good for sensitive skins, on top of helping circulation and joint pains.  To that endeavor she made this Amethyst Soap! (Amethyst is one of my favourite stones because on top of preventing intoxication, it is believed to heal and keep one cool-headed.)

Outside the Seal's protection!
To this end she used goats milk soap from Bramble Berry as the base because it is soothing and moisturizing which means it's pretty much perfect for my skin.  On top of that, she added in ginger essential oil.  This can be used as an anti-bacterial and is really good for muscle and joint pains (It's also said to improve memory, so we shall see about that one!).  To top if off, she added in cherry blossom fragrance which is one of my top favourite scents ever.  Both the ginger essential oil and the cherry blossom fragrance were bought at Tenzing Momo which is an amazing apothecary at Pike Place Market.

I've been using this soap for about a week now and I absolutely adore it.  It has an fantastic smell and my hands feel amazing after using it.  YES, you read that correctly.  Since I began using this soap, I have only had to use my hand lotion when I'm out and about.  Not only was I impressed by this, but so was my mum who is used to constantly having to buy me hand lotion.  Now, my poor lotion just hangs out in my purse waiting for me to leave so I will use it.

Ignore my silly hair, this soap smells amazing!

I super love it, Muffin Pan mold and all.  The only thing that could make it better? In Hello Kitty form! =D

You know you wwaaaant some!


Syetlana

No comments:

Post a Comment